Sunday, February 5, 2012

Annaston's Adoption Day!

Today, we went back to the Civil Affairs Office and finalized Annaston's adoption!  She is officially a Bailey! 
 
The day started well.  When Annaston woke up, she just sat in bed and waited for me to get her up.  She was quiet, but no crying.  She ate some cheerios and watched cartoons while we got ready.  She seemed to like her dress and especially likes her new gloves!
 
  We met the guide and the other family in the lobby at about 9 am.  We all walked the couple blocks to the Civil Affairs office.  I was quite concerned how Annaston would do, as the Director she calls Baba would be there.  Surprisingly it went very well.  She went over to see him several times, but did not seem overjoyed to see him.  He told her goodbye and she did not hug him or say anything. 
 
Maggie was great and helped keep Annaston busy while I answered all their questions and finalized the paperwork.   
 
After the adoptions were finalized, then we went to the passport office to apply for Annaston's passport.  Afterwards we went to a W*mart type store and loaded up on bottled water and snacks.  She enjoyed riding in the shopping cart and smiled several times!
 
Our last stop was lunch at a Chinese restaurant.  The food was delicious!  Annaston pointed to the sweet and sour pork, letting me know she wanted more.  She ate very well.  She uses chopstix, but puts the food to the edge of her plate and shovels it into her mouth. 
 
She has been very quiet all day.  I think the only word she has said, was "mama."  Her voice sounds like a little angel!  Other than that, she will not respond to anyone.  The guide asked her if she liked her lunch and she was just quiet. 
 
She holds my hand and is very sweet and easy going.  I am alittle concerned about her not speaking, but I am guessing it is just part of the transition.  Yesterday I heard her speaking to the director, so I know she can speak well. 
 
We are so blessed to have her as our daughter! 

3 comments:

  1. So glad our prayers were answered and that she did well! She is such a little cutie, can't wait to see her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweetheart Annaston is. Congratulations on the adoption of your daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet little girl! I have enjoyed following your adoption journey! I can't wait to meet little Annaston!

    ReplyDelete