Hi, It was quite a day yesterday! Maggie went to a wonderful history museum in the morning, while I spent time at the hotel working on bonding and attachment with Annaston.
At 2pm we meet the guide and other family in the lobby of the hotel. We took 2 cabs to a shopping area and had a late lunch/early dinner at a Pizza Hut. Pizza Hut here is different that home. It is a nice sit down restaurant and they have a lot more food than just pizza. We sat there a long time and had a leisurely meal. Annaston ate 3 pieces of pizza and some noodles! She is a good eater!
Then we walked past a city Drum Tower that was used over 600 years ago. The guide said it had been renovated just this year. Behind the Drum Tower was a Muslim Market. There was booth after booth of mostly the same type stuff and they barter. Our guide told us we should pay half or less of their initial price. I bought a few gifts and a larger backpack for Annaston for the plane. She was quite happy with it. I also found some painted pictures with scriptures both in english and chinese characters. Beautiful! Those will be for Annaston when she grows up.
After shopping, the other family wanted to go to a HaagenDaz Ice cream shop and right next door was Starbux. I was able to get a mug for my collection that says the city name here, Xian. I also found a collectible bear dressed as a dragon for Chinese New Year. Both of these will be for Annaston someday, too.
By the time we were all ready to go back to the hotel, it was rush hour and no cabs were available. It was a LONG walk back to the hotel. I can't carry Annaston for long, as she is heavy! I also had heavy bags to carry from shopping. The guide held Annaston for short amounts of time to give her a break, but mostly the guide and I both held her hands and we walked. She is a slow walker and it took FOREVER to get back to the hotel. All in all, we walked for several hours yesterday.
I was so exhausted I fell asleep right after I put Annaston to bed. I usually wake up in the middle of the night a few times and I didn't. I woke up at 445 am and am up for the day, which has been my "normal."
Today (Friday) we have a leisurely day. We will just be packing and preparing to leave for Guangzhou tonight. We have to be out of the hotel at 2 pm and don't leave for the airport until 430 pm. Fortunately they will hold our luggage for us until we leave. We have a late flight out and won't get into our hotel in Guangzhou until VERY late. Saturday is Annaston's medical, so I don't know when I will have time to post again. It may not be until later in the day or evening on Saturday. We are looking forward to Guangzhou and warmer weather!
Oh, and the highlight of the day today.......I gave Annaston a lollipop as we were walking through the market and she said, "Sheashea (thank you) Mama." She has such an angelic voice and it melted my heart!
At 2pm we meet the guide and other family in the lobby of the hotel. We took 2 cabs to a shopping area and had a late lunch/early dinner at a Pizza Hut. Pizza Hut here is different that home. It is a nice sit down restaurant and they have a lot more food than just pizza. We sat there a long time and had a leisurely meal. Annaston ate 3 pieces of pizza and some noodles! She is a good eater!
Then we walked past a city Drum Tower that was used over 600 years ago. The guide said it had been renovated just this year. Behind the Drum Tower was a Muslim Market. There was booth after booth of mostly the same type stuff and they barter. Our guide told us we should pay half or less of their initial price. I bought a few gifts and a larger backpack for Annaston for the plane. She was quite happy with it. I also found some painted pictures with scriptures both in english and chinese characters. Beautiful! Those will be for Annaston when she grows up.
After shopping, the other family wanted to go to a HaagenDaz Ice cream shop and right next door was Starbux. I was able to get a mug for my collection that says the city name here, Xian. I also found a collectible bear dressed as a dragon for Chinese New Year. Both of these will be for Annaston someday, too.
By the time we were all ready to go back to the hotel, it was rush hour and no cabs were available. It was a LONG walk back to the hotel. I can't carry Annaston for long, as she is heavy! I also had heavy bags to carry from shopping. The guide held Annaston for short amounts of time to give her a break, but mostly the guide and I both held her hands and we walked. She is a slow walker and it took FOREVER to get back to the hotel. All in all, we walked for several hours yesterday.
I was so exhausted I fell asleep right after I put Annaston to bed. I usually wake up in the middle of the night a few times and I didn't. I woke up at 445 am and am up for the day, which has been my "normal."
Today (Friday) we have a leisurely day. We will just be packing and preparing to leave for Guangzhou tonight. We have to be out of the hotel at 2 pm and don't leave for the airport until 430 pm. Fortunately they will hold our luggage for us until we leave. We have a late flight out and won't get into our hotel in Guangzhou until VERY late. Saturday is Annaston's medical, so I don't know when I will have time to post again. It may not be until later in the day or evening on Saturday. We are looking forward to Guangzhou and warmer weather!
Oh, and the highlight of the day today.......I gave Annaston a lollipop as we were walking through the market and she said, "Sheashea (thank you) Mama." She has such an angelic voice and it melted my heart!


Angela - following your blog and wishing you the best! Annaston is such a sweetie!
ReplyDeleteAll the best,
Julie