Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Terra Cotta Warriors

What a day!!  The day started pretty rough, but ended wonderfully. 
 
 Within a few minutes of Annaston waking up, she started to sob.  I held her, sang to her, tried to get her interested in cartoons, etc.  I don't know if reality is setting in for her and she is in mourning, if she was missing her friends at the orphanage or what.  Our guide asked her later why she was crying, but she would not answer.  Thankfully it only lasted for a short while and by the time we left for breakfast she was fine.
 
All I can say about today is that the Terra Cotta Warriors was one of the most incredible things I have seen in my whole life!  I was so awestruck that I started to tear up.  I feel so blessed to have seen this art with my own eyes!  As usual Miss Annaston was a trooper.  She is an absolutely wonderful child!  She had to be bored, but was so, so good!  
 
On the way back in the van, Annaston fell asleep.  She was SO tired from all the walking.  When we got back to the hotel, she took off her coat and put herself to bed for a nap!  Wow, what a kid! 
 
Now she is up, laughing and playing with Maggie, while I type this.  We are staying in tonight and relaxing. I plan on starting to organize our things to prepare to leave for Guangzhou Friday night. 
 
Tomorrow we meet our guide and the other family at 2 pm to go to the City Bell Tower and a Muslim market. 
 
Enjoy some pictures from today.  For anyone interested, we have many, many more of the Terra Cotta Warriors that I can share when we get home. 

2 comments:

  1. So excited you all got to go and that it met your expectations AND more! We are getting excited for the cousins sleep over coming up in just 2 sleeps here! I love all the pictures, but you all need to get to Guangzhou before you FREEZE to death LOL!

    Kiss my niece for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bless little Annaston's heart. It would be like us plucked out of our lives and put in another. These kids are so strong and resilient and I admire them so much. Where are the terra cotta warriors? I am thinking we won't get to see them! :( I thought they were in Beijing but obviously not (?). I hope every day gets better and better for that sweet little girl (and you!). Big hugs to all.

    ReplyDelete