Saturday, February 11, 2012

Friday night, Saturday and Sunday in Guangzhou

Hi everyone,
Sorry it has taken so long to update the blog.  The last few days have been quite busy. 
 
We didn't get to the hotel Friday night until after 11 pm and were exhausted.  Annaston did fine on the flight. She did not seem very interested in the lights out the window or anything.   God sent us an angel at the airport. There was a young man, 26 yrs old who asked me if Annaston was my daughter, in perfect English, right after we went through security at the airport in Xian. He said, "but she has a Chinese face." I explained we adopted her. Anyway, long story short, he carried most of my bags all the way to the gate, told us that there was a gate change, took my bags onto the airplane and helped me all the way to baggage claim. I bought a lot of stuff at the Muslim Market and I haven't donated our clothes yet, so I had extra carry ons. He was a God send! He said he was a marketing executive and had worked all over the world. 
Saturday we had to get up early after our late night to get ready for Annaston's medical.    Two doctors came and listened to Annaston's heart and said they hear a lot of noise and that it is level 2. I don't know how many levels there are and the guide was supposed to ask but forgot. We will ask on Monday when we go to get her TB test read. Annaston screamed and screamed and stomped her feet and would not let me hold her or comfort her at the medical place and that was before we ever went in to see the dr. She obviously has bad memories of her 3 or 4 weeks in the hospital when she had her heart surgery. Other than that she is 34 lbs and 37 inches tall. So she is just one inch taller than Avalon, but 8 lbs more in weight. 
 
After the medical, we met with our guide and 2 other families in a conference room in our hotel and worked on our visa paperwork.  After the meeting, we all went to Cow and Bridge (a Thai restaurant) for lunch.  In the late afternoon, I walked around the island and shopped alittle and we ordered Papa John's to the room for dinner.  Annaston loves pizza and ate 3 pieces!  We both fell asleep early Saturday night and I slept the best and longest I have since we have been here.  My stomach started hurting yesterday (before the pizza) and I am thinking it had to be the thai food. 
 
This morning (Sunday) I woke up feeling much better, but as the day has worn on, my stomach hurts again.  
 
This morning we chatted by skype on the phone with Dan and the kids, which was wonderful!  Annaston listened but would only speak to Morgan on the phone. 
 
Annaston and I went to the Shamain Island Church of Christ service at 11 am.  It was SO wonderful to see how packed the church was and all the Chinese Christians praising God with their hands raised!  The first part of the service Annaston was not behaving at all.  She is acting more and more like a 2 year old, which really was to be expected.  Finally, I brought out the big guns.....my emergency stash of skittles.  That did the trick! 
 
After church, I was still not feeling good, so I went and bought her some cup of noodles for lunch at a little store and a coke for me to settle my stomach.
 
At 2 pm we head to the Pearl market with the guide.
 
Sorry, no pictures.  I haven't even gotten the camera out yet. 
 
Thanks so much for your prayers!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment